The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Thursday, January 12, 2012

More Buttons- Head Table Runner


My number one goal for our wedding is to make it as personal as possible. I really want to make it our own. So I decided to make a head table runner that is personalized. These are our first initials on burlap with buttons. It took about 2 days to put on all the buttons but it looks amazing. 


First start off with your burlap laid out and make sure you leave lots of space on the bottom and the top in case you want to change the length at any time.


 These were my templates for the letters that I made with an overhead projector and some cardboard. I traced the letters with a very thin marker letting me know where to place my buttons.


 Button time.


 I started placing the buttons in patches all around the letters.


 This was a great project to do while a marathon of "Say Yes To The Dress" is on. Yes this is how I spent my Friday night and some of Saturday too.


 Majority of the outline was done.


And this is it. The final product. I was so happy with how it turned out.

So at some point during this project I realized that I may not have enough buttons in the colour I need. So I improvised and spray painted the buttons.

1. Put out all your buttons on cardboard or newspaper


2. Prime spray paint all the buttons. Then let dry.


 3. Spray paint buttons in desired colours. Let dry and presto you have buttons in your fav colour!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these