The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sideboard Steal!

 
 
So I have been looking for a sideboard like this for a long time, and finally I found it! You will never guess the price I paid for this!! $20.00!!!!!!!

 
I found it on Kijiji and it was listed for $20.00 so I picked it up. All it really needed was a coat of paint and new hardware, it was in great condition.
 



 
First I put one coat of primer. Which always seems like such a pain in the you know what, but its super important. When priming make sure you let it fully dry, this will help the paint stick to your furniture for years to come.
 

Then with two coats of black and the new hardware on it, it was done! I love it and it works perfectly in the dining room area. I painted it the same colour as the table, i painted last week.

 
I was thinking about putting a big mirror I have above it BUT I already have a huge mirror in the living room. (as seen below)
 

 
 
So I do have a big black and white picture of a tree I could put there as well. I guess I am going to have to wait and see what works the best. I am super happy with the way it turned out and cant wait to put something on the wall above it and recover my chairs. Its really coming along nicely!
 
COST:
Sideboard- $20.00
Primer Paint- Free (had it already)
Black Paint- Free (had it from the table)
Hardware- $17.97 from Lowes
TOTAL: $37.97

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these