The art of turning "good junk" into "great design"

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Our Wedding Guest Book


 


So I wanted to do something different for our wedding guest book. Something other than a book that will sit on the shelf and I will never look at it again. So there have been a lot of ideas going around about a guest book tree. So I decided to try and do it. Since I cannot draw, I had to hire my cousin Reid to do the art work. BUT in the meantime I would be able to make a sign and find something for it to prop up on.
 
 
First thing is first i need a sign. I got this frame from the Goodwill for $1.00.
 
 




 Then I found this on the interent. It did have different initials on it, nothing Paint program couldnt fix. I thought it was really cute with the birds and the country feel of it. 
 

 
In the frame it goes. I had a change of heart and spray painted the frame white. Looks pretty good for a dollar if i do say so myself.
 


 
 
So then we found this little number at the Cookstown Wing Ding. Which is a small town that puts on a huge yard sale every year. I belive I paid like 5-7 dollars for it.

 
This is the beutiful drawing my cousin did. It's amazing and fit on the easel perfectly. All that is needed now is to paint it black.
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post, then we suggest you check out these